Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Whew, This Blog Is Dusty!

Actually, I couldn't see it for all the dusty bunnies happily bouncing around until I so rudely interrupted their play time.

Truth of the matter is I have had neither the time nor the inclination to blog.  I made the transition to being back in the office full time about 8 months ago (prior to this I was working part-time from home) and it really put a kink in my writing life.  Not to mention a typical day starts at 6:30 a.m. after being woken from my deep slumber by the soft whisper of my almost-5- year-old cheerily greeting us from his bedroom across the hall "MOMMA IS IT TIME TO GET UP YET!!!!!" Notice this is not a question, no, it is emphatically stated with lots of exclamation points behind it.

Doing all the things in a day when working full time like getting dressed, wearing clothes that match, having mascara on both eyes and eating any food of any kind, getting to the gym, managing to accomplish something at work other than reading emails, I mean like actual grown-up work where you make responsible decisions which could positively influence the nature of your business (lord you hope in your lack-of-sleep-induced-haze you made positive decisions and didn't somehow manage to order the air conditioner placed on the roof instead of on the side of the house where it should go), picking up above almost-5-year-old from daycare at the end of the day who is still at the exact same energy level he was at when he bounded like "tigger" out of bed at 6:30 in the friggin' morning - I mean come on couldn't he be a little tired - get him to eat any kind of food besides yogurt and bananas, wrestle him into the tub, pajamas, get him to sit and not bounce while you read him a story and then off to actual dreamland...ya, doing all those things in a day makes a person just want to flop on the couch and not move for an eternity.

And once you managed to get the almost-5-year-old into bed you realize you haven't said an intelligible word to your husband all day because conversation in the morning or in the evening consists of "Wee Man please eat your food!" Wee Man please get dressed!" or "Wee Man do you have your coats and boots on yet?" "Teeth Brushed?" Pajamas on?" on repeat as you go about getting ready in the morning, try to leave the house, eat any meal or get him ready for bed.

So, you spend some time with your spouse, while you are lying on the couch exhausted from trying to do all the things in a day and round about 9 pm you realize you better get to bed soon because you have to do it all over again the next day!!

Something had to give and it seemed it was blogging. Well, blogging, proper eating habits, general tidiness around the house, laundry etc. but who's keeping track.

 However, I always enjoyed it because it was fun, an excellent therapeutic outlet for me, and a good way to exercise my creative brain.  Would you believe I have even had a few people ask why I am not blogging anymore? Seems they liked my blog (why thank you very much) and would read my posts if I wrote again.

 In the past, I believe I have made reference to my writing  as a 'vomiting' of emotions onto my keyboard.  Even if no one reads my blog again, I feel the need to do some emotional vomiting on to my keyboards so this me getting back to it!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Sounds like you have been very busy! I'm looking forward to reading your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we'll read it. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete